If you’ve never cooked dinner in a foil packet, you’re missing out. These dinners are so flexible, we absolutely love them around our house. Just toss in your favorite combination of meat, veggies, and sauce, wrap up in foil and stick in the oven. Even better than a one-pot meal, these foil packets just get thrown away! While the foil packet meal is a staple of campers everywhere, we like to bring the meal home and spice it up a bit. Here is one of our favorite versions of the foil packet meal: Italian chicken. Mozzarella, tomato, onion, parsley, and Italian dressing marinate the chicken and bake together in the foil, making the chicken extra tender and juicy!
Italian Chicken Foil Packet
50 min to prepare Serves 4
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup italian dressing
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut 4 pieces of aluminum foil, large enough to wrap around chicken and veggies. Place one chicken breast in each sheet of foil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chopped garlic, onion, and tomato pieces around each chicken breast.
- Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of dressing over chicken and veggies, and top with shredded mozzarella and parsley.
- Fold sides of foil over the chicken, covering completely. Seal packets, place on a baking sheet, and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Unwrap, and serve!
Recipe adapted from Diethood.