Without sweat glands, dogs get hot very quickly under all of that fur, which is why they’re always panting. And although their lolling tongues are super adorable, it’s time we treat them to something special. And what better treat than a PUPSICLE? That’s right! A popsicle for your pups!
Dogs love chasing squirrels, they love peanut butter, and they love chewing ice cubes to cool off. So we decided to combine all of those things using 5 simple ingredients and our favorite animal shaped ice cube tray!
Popsicles represent summer and they’re not just for humans anymore! They’re refreshing, simple, and sweet; the perfect cool-down treat to keep your pooch from melting under the hot sun. Not only will you dog love this icy snack, but the ingredients used also serve as a healthy alternative to store-bought dog treats! Break em out at the dog park or your next BBQ and let your dog enjoy the summer sun in style!
(serving size depends on the size of the ice cube tray)
- 16 oz fat free yogurt (plain)
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoons honey
- 2 large carrots
- 1 banana
- Shred your carrots into the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add yogurt, peanut butter, honey, and your banana into the bowl as well.
- Mix together at medium speed until your mixture is consistent and slightly runny.
- Pour your mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze overnight.
Recipe adapted from Vicky Barone