UPDATE: While no illnesses have been reported as of yet, Bar-S Foods Company has issued a recall on almost 300,000 pounds of pork, chicken, and corn dog products, due to possible Listeria contamination. Spanning several different brands, a list of products can be found below:
- 16-oz/1-lb. packages of “BAR-S Classic BUN LENGTH Franks MADE WITH CHICKEN, PORK ADDED” with “Use By” date of 10/11/2016 and case code 209.
- 12-oz. packages of “BAR-S CLASSIC Franks MADE WITH CHICKEN, PORK ADDED” with package code 6338, “Use By” date of 10/10/2016 and case code 6405.
- 24-oz./1.5-lb. cartons of “SIGNATURE Pick 5 CORNDOGS – 8 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with a “Use By” date of 4/6/2017 and case code 6071.
- 42.72-oz./2.67-lb. cartons of “BAR-S CLASSIC CORN DOGS – 16 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with “Use By” dates of 4/7/2017 and 4/8/2017 and case code 6396.
- 48-oz./3-lb. cartons of “BAR-S CLASSIC CORN DOGS – 16 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with package code 14054, “Use By” dates of 4/6/2017 and 4/9/2017, and case code 14038.
UPDATE:The National Frozen Foods Corporation expanded the recall on frozen vegetables due to Listeria contamination. The recall now includes Not-Ready-To Eat frozen vegetables, currently sold at Wal-Mart and Target. The FDA has a full list of affected products, which you can find here, or you can call 1-800-253-8269 to speak to a representative of The National Frozen Foods Corporation.
UPDATE: More packaged products have been added to the list of contaminated items in the CRF Frozen Foods recall. Newly affected brands include O Organic, Columbia River Organics, Great Value, Signature Kitchens, Kirkland Signature, Panda Express, Pantry Essentials, and dozens more.
If you’ve bought frozen produce any time in the last two years, you might just consider throwing it away, no questions asked. What was already a large recall on frozen vegetables and fruit (in effect since April) has become like something out of a nightmare. CRF Frozen Foods issued a voluntary recall last month for 11 products, concerned about possible Listeria contamination, but said recall has been expanded to include every product CRF ever made, dating back to 2014.
The products being recalled span across 42 brands being sold in stores across the country — Trader Joe’s, Safeway, and Costco, to name a few — and there have been eight hospitalizations linked to Listeriosis so far. Two of the hospitalized patients have died, though their cases have yet to be confirmed as being caused by Listeria.
Causing serious (and sometimes fatal) infection, Listeria symptoms include nausea, severe headache, fever, stiffness, abdominal pain and diarrhea, but can also cause stillbirths or miscarriages among pregnant women.
You can find a full list of affected products here, but if you have any other questions, you can call the CRF Frozen Food hotline, reachable at this number: 844-483-3866.