Baked potatoes are one of those foods that are generally forgotten about until you have them again and are reminded of how much they hit the spot! They're the perfect vessel for just about any topping you could imagine, which makes them the perfect thing to serve to a crowd and everyone can customize their spud. What makes this recipe even better is the fact that it doesn't take you precious oven space and you can pop these in the slow cooker and then go about your day; You can turn the slow cooker on in the morning and have perfectly cooked potatoes by the time you get home! When it comes to toppings, we love the classic extras: butter, cheese and sour cream. Green onions add a little zest to these bad boys, but feel free to make em up however you like; you can't go wrong with these!
Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
30min to prepare serves 5-6
- 5-6 baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- carrots, sliced optional
- aluminum foil
- Take a fork and pierce the tops of your potatoes in several places.
- Rub each potato with a small amount of olive oil and wrap individually in aluminum foil.
- Place foil-wrapped potatoes in slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours, or until fork tender. (Cooking time can be shorter or longer, depending on the size of potatoes) Note: you can also cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Remove potatoes from slow cooker and carefully take off and discard aluminum foil.
- Cut a long slice into the tops of potatoes and push the two ends together to open the potato up.
- Garnish with carrots (optional), sour cream, cheddar cheese and green onion, and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Food