Got a great meal but want to amp up the flavor a little bit more? This Spicy Bean Salsa is for you! We love recipes that are just as good by themselves as they are served alongside another dish, and this is one of those. By the pool, in front of the TV, after working out, this bean salsa is packed with protein and veggies, so go for gold and have as much as you want! (Entire bag of chips to go with it, optional.)
Spicy Bean Salsa
(makes 12 servings)
- 1 can (15 oz) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 can (7 oz) pinto beans, rinsed drained
- 1/2 can (7 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red or green pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2-4 jalapeño peppers, diced (to taste)
- 8 oz. Italian-style salad dressing (low-fat optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Combine beans, corn, onion, tomatoes and peppers in a large bowl. Add the dressing and mix well.
- Sprinkle in garlic salt, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Flavors will blend and develop the longer it sits.
- Serve with chips
Tip: For added flavor you can roast bell pepper before starting.
Recipe adapted fromPip Ebby