Proper 12T 12tomatoes_belowtitle
Breakfast is, without a doubt, our favorite meal of the day. Eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes…you name it, we like it. Our favorite dishes, however, are those that come together relatively easily and that are perfect for serving a big group of people. We tried out this sausage, hash brown breakfast casserole this weekend and were not disappointed! It’s easy, filling and everyone love it, so you know we’ll be making it again soon!
Hash Brown Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds pork sausage
- 1 (30 oz.) bag frozen hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 6 large eggs
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a pan or skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage and drain off fat.
- In a separate pan, cook hash browns according to packaging directions, or until brown and crispy. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place crispy hash browns along the bottom of casserole dish, then cover with sausage.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs together, add milk and season with salt and pepper, then stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage and hash browns, top with remaining cheese and place in oven.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cheese is melted and eggs have set.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from My Recipes