We all love grilled cheese sandwiches paired with tomato soup. It’s the dynamic duo – you just can’t have one without the other. Our friends at Spoon University had a stroke of genius and turned the classic grilled sandwich into a roll-up and of course we had to give it a try. Ours turned out every bit as yummy as we imagined and the kids went nuts over them!
Grilled Cheese Roll-Ups
- 6 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 slices cheddar or American cheese
1. Cut the crust off each slice of bread.
Tip: So you aren’t being wasteful, use the leftover crust to make croutons.
2. Take a rolling pin, plate, or anything else you have lying around and flatten each piece of bread
3. Place a slice of cheese onto each flattened slice of bread.
4. Roll each slice tightly with the cheese on the inside until the they’re in nicely rolled up tubes. Squeeze them tight so they don’t unroll.
5. Add butter to a large skillet and melt it on medium heat.
6. Place your roll-ups on the skillet. Using tongs, occasionally rotate the roll-ups until every surface is golden brown.
7. Remove from the skillet and enjoy these gooey treats with a steaming bowl of your favorite tomato soup.
Recipe from Spoon University