French onion soup is one of the greatest soups of all time. But, the best part is the cheesy gooey top and the crusty bread. Our good friends over at Spoon University took all those amazing flavors and created this french onion soup dip!
This dip is ooey gooey, cheesy and oh so delectable. Eat it with some crusty, toasted french bread or with a cracker– honestly, I sometimes just eat it by the spoonful! Keep reading below for this delicious recipe…
French Onion Dip
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 3 yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 10 oz. evaporated milk
- 1/2 pound Gruyére cheese
- 1/2 pound Mozzarella cheese
1. Turn heat to low-medium heat and let butter melt.
2. Slice the onions into rounds and place in a skillet, covering with butter.
3. Mix around every 10 minutes for about 25-30 minutes.
4. Once all of the onions are browned and sweet, pour in white wine. Mix around the ingredients to deglaze the pan.
Take the onions out of the pan and set aside in a bowl.
5. In the same pan, turn your oven to a medium-high heat and pour in evaporated milk.
6. Mix with the remaining scraps until the evaporated milk boils.
7. Turn the stove back to low-medium heat and add in both cheeses until completely melted, mixing in between.
8. Stir in caramelized onions and mix until well combined.
9. Serve with toast, chips or anything your heart desires.
Recipe from Spoon University