When it comes to entertaining – any party, big or small – easier is better. We love hosting people and we love to try out new recipes, but it can be stressful when you’re running back and forth from the kitchen and not able to enjoy spending time with your guests. Instead of choosing fancy, complicated recipes, we like to stick with dishes that pack a punch without being strenuous to put together. These feta puffs are absolutely delectable and are seriously easy to make. You can prepare them ahead of time, just give them a few minutes in the oven once your friends come over and you’ll be good to go!
Yield: 18 puffs
- 1 (17 oz.) package puff pastry, thawed
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Roll out puff pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness, then trim off uneven edges.
- Use a rotary cutter or a knife to cut each sheet into 9 squares.
- Refrigerate pastry squares until chilled. 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat feta, egg, cream, garlic powder and onion powder together until combined.
- Return puff pastry squares to workstation and scoop 1/2 tablespoon cheese mixture into the center of each square.
- Take two opposite corners, pull them up gently and press them together firmly over the cheese filling to seal. (Feel free to connect two remaining corners.)
- Brush tops of puff pastry bites with melted butter, then place in oven and bake for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious