Looking for a tasty, healthy and affordable dish? Well look no further than these deliciously seasoned cauliflower steaks! We maintain that cauliflower is a seriously underrated veggie, so we love letting it shine in recipes like this one; grilled to perfection with a yummy smokiness, this chipotle lime cauliflower is seriously so good. You might think your family members aren't the biggest fans of vegetables, but that's only because they haven't tried this yet!
Apart from the amazing flavor, we love making this because it's a healthy departure from the norm and it's encouraged to go back for more. Plus, cauliflower is a way more affordable alternative to meat in this recipe, so you can get more bang for your buck who doesn't love that! You might not feel as enthusiastic about this as we are, but trust us, this is a dish you won't want to miss!
- 2 large heads cauliflower, leaves trimmed, rinsed and patted dry
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 large limes, zested and juiced, plus wedges for garnish
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- fresh cilantro, garnish
- Level off the bottom of cauliflower stem so you can stand it up straight and take a large, serrated knife to cut cauliflower vertically into ìsteaks.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lime zest, chipotle, cumin and salt and pepper.
- Combine lime juice, olive oil and garlic, in a separate bowl.
- Using an outdoor grill or a griddle pan, set the heat to high and brush your ìsteakswith olive oil mixture.
- Then generously and evenly sprinkle chipotle seasoning on the side. Place cauliflower seasoned side down on hot grill.
- Brush top side with olive oil and dust with seasoning mixture. Repeat with remaining steaks, making sure to not crowd them together on the grill/griddle.
- Cover pan and cook until (slightly) charred, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove lid and flip cauliflower. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Transfer to serving plate and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Kitchn