Autumn is in full swing, and winter will be here before we know it. If there’s one thing we love about the changing of the seasons, it’s the chance to experiment with new soup recipes! There’s nothing quite as satisfying as a steaming bowl of soup on a chilly evening, and we have just the soup for you!
This isn’t just any broccoli cheddar soup, this is the creamiest, richest version we’ve ever had! And did we mention that this is a crockpot recipe? That’s right, just pour the ingredients in the crock pot before leaving for work and come home to this delicious dinner! No need to worry about leftovers, the whole family will be asking for seconds!
Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
4 hrs to prepare serves 8
- 1 16oz bag frozen cut broccoli, slightly thawed
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 lb of velveeta, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Sautè onion and garlic in butter for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer onion and garlic to a large bowl and add in evaporated milk, cream of mushroom, cream of celery, cream of chicken, frozen broccoli, and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray, and pour in soup. Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Serve up hot!
Recipe adapted from The Frugal Girls.