You Won’t Believe How Much Flavor We Packed Into This Salad…It Just Proves You Can Never Go Wrong With Tacos!
When it comes to tacos, we’re pretty sure we could eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and never get tired of them. It’s because of them that we love this salad so much, since we incorporated traditional taco flavors into the mix to really spice things up and make em interesting.
Without taking up too much time or effort after a long day, you can whip up a dinner that everyone will love, that’s full of veggies and protein and spices – plus, you get to add a new recipe to your weekly routine!
Taco Salad With Crema
- 1 pound 90% ground beef
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2/3-1 cup Mexican crema or low-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- sharp cheddar cheese, grated, garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk fresh lime juice into crema and refrigerate 15-20 minutes.
- Brown your beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat and season with salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder.
- Drain off excess oil and remove from heat.
- Combine lettuce, carrots and bell pepper in a large serving bowl and toss together.
- Add browned beef to the mix and drizzle lime crema on the top.
- Garnish with cheddar cheese (optional) and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Emily Bites