These Mini Puff Pastry Strawberry Strudels Couldn’t Be Easier To Make! But You Don’t Have To Tell Your Guests That…
When it comes to entertaining, we love recipes that are simple and delicious. Crafting some complicated (yet tasty) recipe can be fun, but not when it takes you away from your guests and leaves you feeling isolated and overwhelmed in the kitchen by yourself. So for those times when we want something that packs a flavorful punch but doesn’t take up too much time, these mini puff pastry strudels are the way to go!
If you’re not on, or haven’t been on the puff pastry train, now is the time to do so. All your work is done for you and you just have to mix up a quick cream cheese filling, throw some jam on it and make your little strudel pockets you can even recruit others to help get the job done faster! The result is something sweet and tangy and we promise you everyone will love them!
Mini Strawberry Strudels
Yields 1-2 dozen servings
- 1 package (17.3 oz; 2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg, separated
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoons water
- 2-3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 400º F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat cream cheese with vanilla extract, 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, egg yolk and salt. Beat until smooth.
- Dust remaining powdered sugar over work surface and unfold puff pastry sheets.
- Cut pastry along the creased lines and then evenly cut pastry strips into small squares or rectangles.
- Place strawberry preserves in a small glass or bowl and whisk until relaxed and loosened.
- Take 1-2 teaspoons cream cheese filling and place it in middle of pastry square. Top cream cheese with 1 teaspoon strawberry preserves.
- Take another piece of puff pastry and place it on top of filled puff pastry. Seal the edges and use a small knife to cut 2 small vents into the top of strudel to allow steam to escape.
- Beat egg yolk and water in a small bowl and brush it over mini strudels. Sprinkle sugar over strudels, transfer to baking sheet and place in oven.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from All Food Recipes