We don’t know about you, but Fridays are pizza night for us – no time will be spent in the kitchen (unless you count running in to get the paper napkins) and no dishes will be done. That being said, our delivery guy is getting to know us really well, so we thought we’d switch things up and try our hands at pizza dip. That’s right, DIP.
Good news, everyone, this stuff is absolutely magical…possibly better than the pizza we’ve grown so accustomed to and we made it in 15 minutes! Pair it with some crusty bread for dipping and you are in business. Trust us, you’ve gotta try it!!
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup tomato sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- crusty bread, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Combine milk and cream cheese in a small saucepan over medium heat and whisk together until smooth.
- Mix in 1/2 cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese and garlic powder, and stir until melted. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until thickened.
- Pour mixture into an ovenproof dish and use a rubber spatula or spoon to smooth out.
- Pour tomato sauce on top of cheese mixture and smooth out evenly, then sprinkle remaining mozzarella over the top.
- Season with basil, oregano, salt and pepper and top with pitted olives, if using.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with crusty bread slices.
Recipe adapted from Yummy Healthy Easy