We love yummy, filling breakfast dishes that really get us going in the morning without a lot of effort. (We’re not the biggest A.M. people over here.) This casserole perfectly fits the bill in that it’s hearty, healthy and really easy!
You do have to steam the veggies so that they’re nice and tender when you dig in you can do that ahead of time to make it easier for yourself when you wake up and then all you have to do is whisk in the eggs, pour it all together and bake it til it’s golden and bubbly! The great thing about this recipe is that veggie lovers and non-lovers alike will love it; you get a great serving of vegetables without sacrificing flavor. Plus, it’s easy win win win!
Breakfast Cauliflower Casserole
- 1 large head cauliflower, stalk and stems removed, cut into florets
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- fresh dill, chopped, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º and lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- Place cauliflower florets in a large saucepan 1-2-inches full of water and cover. Steam over medium heat until tender. 8-10 minutes.
- Drain cauliflower and transfer to baking dish.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a large bowl and add cheeses, reserving 1/3 cup to sprinkle over the top, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the cauliflower and top with remaining cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, garnish with fresh dill and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Fast Paleo