For any game days/nights or Mexican dinners you have planned, this simple 7-layer dip is the answer to all your preparation needs. Here, we give you two options: layer this baby up and go, or partially layer your beans, sour cream and cheese, pop em in the oven so they're hot and melted, then serve with the rest of your yummy, fresh ingredients. Don't worry– there's no right or wrong way! We love this dip because it's full of flavor and simple to make when we've got other stuff to think about. Try it and you'll see that it takes the stress out of planning a meal or get-together and it's a crowd pleaser.
- 1 (15.4 oz.) can refried beans
- 1 (15.4 oz.) can black beans
- 2-3 avocados, pitted and diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1-2 lemon, juiced
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
- salt, to taste
- cilantro, chopped, garnish
- Pour your refried beans into a large bowl and spread into an even layer.
- Gently spread sour cream into a layer on top of the beans, then spread black beans over sour cream.
- Place chopped lettuce greens on top of black beans and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Then cover with diced tomatoes and avocados.
- Sprinkle avocados with lemon juice and salt, and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Optional: layer refried beans, sour cream and black beans, then sprinkle with a Mexican cheese blend and bake for 20-30 minutes at 350º F. Top with tomatoes, lettuce and avocado, and serve warm.