We love hosting casual get-togethers for our family and friends, but we don’t like to serve anything too fussy, or something that takes us away from our guests. That’s why different dips and spreads are so important! A good dip can set the tone of the evening and is an easy way to impress people without stressing you out…and this spicy cream cheese dip is a slam-dunk crowd pleaser!
You can make it as mild or as spicy as you like (the canned chiles are pretty mild) and then all you have to do is mix everything together – honestly, the hardest part is probably toasting the baguette or cutting up the veggies you end up using as dippers!
Cream Cheese Chile Dip
30min to prepare Serves 12-14
- 1 1/2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chiles, undrained
- 1 jalapeño, optional, seeds removed and chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt, to taste
- toasted baguette
- Using a handheld mixer or two forks, mix your cream cheese and sour cream together.
- Fold in green chiles and jalapeño, if using, and stir until combined, then mix in garlic powder and salt.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, then transfer to serving platter and serve with chips, veggies or toasted baguette.
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury