There are so many choices when it comes to chocolate desserts: chocolate cake, brownies, chocolate pudding, etc. Then there’s chocolate brownie pudding cake with marshmallows. This dessert is any chocoholic’s dream, and if you felt like you didn’t squeeze in enough time around the campfire this year, this is your opportunity to make up for it in the kitchen!
This recipe produces a rich and fudge-y brownie cake that’s bursting with yummy chocolate pudding and toasted marshmallows; it’s ridiculously decadent and we love it. Somehow, we have a feeling you will too!
S’mores Brownie Pudding Cake
- 12 full-sheet graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 package standard marshmallows
- 1 (4 oz.) box instant chocolate pudding
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- Prepare crust by pulsing graham crackers and sugar in food processor while drizzling in melted butter.
- Gently press crumbs into an 8 or 9-inch pie dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Beat eggs in one at a time, then add in vanilla and oil.
- Whisk in flour, but don’t over mix. Pour batter into crust and bake for 26-28 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes. Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes in and around the center of the cake (don’t poke through the crust).
- Prepare instant chocolate pudding according to packaging directions.
- Before pudding has set, carefully spoon or pour pudding into the holes. Cover holes with marshmallows, also adding them around the edge of the cake.
- Return to oven and broil for 1-2 minutes, or until marshmallows are lightly toasted.
- Let cool before serving.
Recipe adapted from Inside Bru Crew Life