Indulge yourself with this delectable sun-dried tomato herb dip. Infused with ultra-flavorful tomatoes and fresh herbs, this dip helps you take midday veggie-munching to a new level. Perfect when paired with celery sticks, carrots, sliced tomatoes, and crackers or bread, this colorful dip entices everyone in your home to enjoy a wholesome, nutritious snack. Easy to pack and take with you to work, this dip is also great for keeping you satiated throughout your daily grind.
This dip doubles as a refreshing way to liven up baked fish or chicken. Surprise and delight your family by heating the dip slightly, then dropping a dollop of it over each main dish portion right before serving!
Sun Dried Tomato Herb Dip
20 minutes active; 1 hour inactive to prepare serves 4 - 6
- 9 sun-dried tomatoes, halved and drained of excess oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves for garnishing
- Place sun-dried tomato halves in medium-sized saucepan, and cover with water. Simmer over medium-low heat for approximately five minutes, or until water evaporates.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes to a food processor or blender along with all other ingredients, and process until smooth.
- Refrigerate for one hour or until chilled. Garnish with additional chopped sun-dried tomatoes and parsley if desired, and serve with bread, crackers, or veggie sticks.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker