This super simple chocolate cake is one of our favorite ways to welcome new neighbors. Sure, we could pick up something from the store, but a homemade treat or gift is a great way to make someone feel special and welcome. Don’t be intimidated by scratch baking – it’s actually pretty easy and so worth a little extra time and effort. We can make this cake without eggs, so all we have to do is dive into the pantry for a few staple ingredients and voilá – a chocolate cake!
The sweet, chocolate glaze is really the icing on the cake! It takes this decadent chocolate cake to the ultimate level of rich, chocolaty goodness. We always make twice as much as we actually need. It makes a dreamy dip for fruit, marshmallows, cookies…and we’re definitely not against pouring a little extra over the cake! This scratch-made chocolate bundt cake is a favorite on our block. It’s super easy to make, yet so incredibly delicious!
Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Glaze
1 hour to prepare 12 to 14
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for pan
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoon hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease and flour 10-cup bundt pan.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, sugars, espresso, baking soda and salt in large mixing bowl. Whisk in water, oil, vanilla and vinegar to form smooth batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan until about 2/3 full. Bake in preheated oven 40 to 50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn cake onto wire rack and cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup together in microwave-safe bowl. Stir every 20 seconds until smooth. Stir in hot water. Cool for 10 minutes. Pour half or more glaze over cooled cake and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Crunchy Creamy Sweet