Prep the ingredients for this slow-cooker smoked sausage and bean soup in less than fifteen minutes in the morning and then let the soup simmer while you're out having fun. When it's time to come in out of the cold, warm yourself up with this delectable soup loaded with flavor-laden smoked sausage, protein-packed beans and thick chunks of potatoes and carrots. Our recipe makes enough to feed a whole bunch of people, so feel free to dish up an extra large helping…you're going to love it!
Smoked Sausage Bean Soup
30min to prepare serves 6-8
- 3 cups red potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 30 oz. navy or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 1/4 pounds kielbasa sausage, sliced in 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker except sausage and basil leaves, and stir to combine.
- Cover and let it simmer on low for 8-9 hours. Reduce cooking time to 4-5 hours if cooking on high.
- After 8 hours, remove lid and add kielbasa. Cook soup for an additional 30 minutes before dishing it into single serving bowls and garnishing liberally with basil.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker