We love corn muffins, but we don’t always have time to make them from scratch. A boxed mix is an easy way for us to have corn muffins at any time. So we like to keep a couple boxes in our pantry ready to go at a moment’s notice. What’s even more fun about corn bread is how it can be made both sweet and savory. Sometimes a box mix can be a little boring, so this recipe really jazzes up the pre-made mix and gives us a flavorful, slightly sweet muffin that is moist and delicious. All you have to do is add the ingredients and bake until perfect. We made them last night as a side for chili, then warmed the leftovers this morning for a tasty breakfast. Try them today!
Pepped Up Boxed Cornbread
30min to prepare 12 muffins
- 1 (14 oz) package corn muffin mix
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease or line muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together cornbread mix, salt, sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until well combined; avoid over mixing.
- Pour batter into muffin pan until each cup is 2/3 full.
- Bake muffins for 16-18 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from Mocha Girls Pit Stop