When a delicious and flavorful dinner is only 30 minutes away, we jump for joy. And we give an extra cheer when that meal is prepared in only one pot or pan, and pork chops are the perfect way to get a meal on the table quickly. Pork is fairly bland in flavor, but has great juiciness, so we add a pinch of this and a smidgen of that to help pep up the pork. In this case, we’ve taken a cue from great herbs and flavor from thyme, rosemary, and dijon mustard for a meal that is easy to make, easy to eat, and easy to clean up.
Butter is always a great way to add not only flavor but color, and then we add a few extra seasonings to really make this special. When food this good is easy to make, everyone wins! In minutes, we have a great meal on the table and supplement it with something simple, like a side salad. It’s hard to say no to a meal that is this easy and this good.
Herb Pork Chops
30 minutes to prepare serves 4
- 4 medium bone-in pork chops
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup butter (4 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, plus extra for garnish
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Pat pork chops dry, and season generously on both sides with salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Melt butter in a heavy frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the fresh herbs; cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Whisk in mustard, garlic powder and onion powder, and heat for another 2 minutes, until mixture is bubbly.
- Place pork chops into hot pan, and fry for 4 to 5 minutes, until bottom is a rich golden brown.
- Turn pork chops over. Cover pan, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for another 5 or 6 minutes, until internal temperature of pork chops reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Transfer pork to cutting board or serving platter to rest, 10 minutes. Serve with additional fresh herbs as garnish.
Recipe adapted from Our Life Tastes Good