This herbed chicken meatball recipe is a lifesaver on busy weeknights. We can have these savory morsels on the table in less than 30 minutes, and they’re always a hit, regardless of how we serve them. They’re the perfect pair to spaghetti, and they make amazing sandwiches. The kids like them best on their own, dipped in a side of marinara. We think the satisfying herb flavor tastes incredible on top of a fresh green salad.
With so much great flavor, it’s no wonder these meatballs are regulars at our dinner table! Having recipes that are delicious to eat and easy to prepare help to keep our weeknight dinners easy and offer up great variety. Our family will never get tired of these meatballs; there’s just so many good ways to eat them!
Herb Chicken Meatballs
25 minutes to prepare serves 5-6
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in large bowl. Mix until well incorporated. Form mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Fry meatballs 10-12 minutes, rotating sides for even cooking
- Transfer meatballs to serving dish and enjoy with a favorite sauce on the side.
Recipe adapted from Genius Kitchen