We never turn down pancakes, whether they’re for breakfast, brunch, or dinner. With this quick and simple Dutch baby recipe, we’re enjoying sweet and delicious pancake flavor any time of day. It’s easy enough to whip up for dinner-breakfasts, and it makes an all-star brunch choice for busy weekends. We love Dutch babies because the recipe is super adaptable, and fruit is one of our favorite ways to add great flavor and color. Serve it with a sweet-tart lemon sugar topping, sprinkle a handful of apples or blueberries on top, or prepare it as-is with simple (but yummy) powdered sugar. It’s always love at first bite with these Dutch babies, regardless of when or how we serve them!
Delicious Dutch Baby
25 to 30 minutes to prepare 4 to 6
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium lemon, sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Blend milk, eggs, flour, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until foamy.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in cast-iron or ovenproof skillet.
- Swirl butter to coat pan, adding additional butter as needed. Pour batter into hot skillet, and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until puffy and golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious