We have so many activities going on during the week that it can be difficult to get dinner on the table at times. That’s why we have a stock pile of quick and delicious meals that can be thrown together on the fly. One of our favorite ways to fit in dinner on a busy day is with a nice salad, and this dill quinoa combo with crunchy kale really hits the mark. It is hearty, flavorful, and super easy to prepare – check out how we make it happen.
We start with a bright lemon and dill vinaigrette, but we’ve found that any vinaigrette is great on this versatile salad. We work the dressing into the kale first to make sure that every bite has a pop of acidity. This recipe calls for sliced almonds and raisins, but we like to experiment with other nut and dried fruit combinations, too. Finished with a sprinkling of feta, this flavorful salad is perfect on its own, and great when paired with grilled chicken for a heartier meal. We’ll definitely make this salad the next time we need a quick weeknight meal!
Dill Quinoa Salad
15 minutes to prepare serves 4
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Whisk together olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add garlic, dill, salt and pepper. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Place chopped kale in a large bowl and pour in vinaigrette dressing. Toss to coat.
- Toast almond slivers in a dry pan over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add quinoa, almonds and raisins to kale. Toss to combine.
- Top salad with crumbled feta cheese and serve.
Recipe adapted from Domesticate Me