We love doughy and crispy cinnamon-sugar churros almost as much as we love rich, creamy cheesecake. These tantalizing dessert bars give us the best of both worlds, and they’re super easy to put together. We start with a simple graham cracker crust and top it with an easy cheesecake filling. We finish it off with a yummy cinnamon-and-sugar crumble topping, and it’s what makes these treats so amazing. They make a weeknight dessert feel a little more special, and we love to make them for bake sales and potlucks. These bars are always one of the first things to disappear from any dessert table.
Creamy Churro Crumble Bars
40 minutes to prepare 20 bars
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers, crushed (about 10 rectangles)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 13-by-9-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and combine with 1/4 cup sugar and graham cracker crumbs until moistened. Press into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Mix cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar. Beat in egg, and add salt and vanilla. Spoon cheese mixture onto crust in dollops.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar with flour and cinnamon. Use a fork to mix in remaining 4 tablespoons of butter until crumbly. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over batter.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes until lightly browned. Use parchment paper tabs to remove from dish, and transfer to wire rack. Cool completely, and cut into bar-sized servings.
Recipe adapted from SnackWorks