This classic vanilla yogurt cake is a holiday favorite in our house. It’s moist, sweet and satisfyingly simple…the perfect addition to any brunch or dessert table. Best of all, it’s super easy to make, and the sweet vanilla flavor complements just about any topping we can think of.
Sometimes we top it with fresh fruit, a chocolate glaze or even caramel, but more often than not, we enjoy it as is, and it’s absolutely delicious! Our loved ones rave about this vanilla cake so much each year, we’ve decided to include slices of it in our holiday gift baskets. It just goes to show…the best homemade treats are sweet and simple.
Classic Vanilla Yogurt Cake
1 hour to prepare 16 to 20
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 12-cup bundt pan.
- Cream 1 1/2 cups sugar with butter. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in yogurt and 1 tablespoon of vanilla. Mix in baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually add flour until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, 2/3 full. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn onto wire rack to finish cooling.
- Bring 1/2 cup water and remaining 1/2 cup sugar to boil over medium heat. Stir 4 to 5 minutes until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Set aside to cool.
- Brush cake with vanilla syrup. Allow cake to soak and reapply until syrup is gone. Slice and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Brought To You By Mom