On some nights, deciding on a family dinner is nearly impossible, with each person in the house having a different suggestion. However, after much trial and error, we can say that few meals are better equipped to please all parties than this easy, delicious cheeseburger pasta recipe — a savory, gooey baked dish that combines the best of two classic favorites: pasta and cheeseburgers. Perfect for busy weeknights, this dish comes together in a flash and is great for feeding a crowd…or not, leftovers are just as delicious on day two as they are when you first make it. Trust us, if you need a sure-fire way to knock dinner out of the park, this is the recipe for you!
Cheeseburger Pasta Bake
45 minutes to prepare serves 8
- 1 pound rotini or fusilli pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside, tossing with 1 teaspoon olive oil to ensure pasta doesn't stick.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and sauté onions until soft.
- Stir in ground beef and cook until brown, seasoning generously with salt and pepper. Drain off and discard any fat.
- Add tomato paste, diced tomatoes and garlic powder. Stir and cook the mixture until bubbling and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Spread pasta in an even layer at the bottom of greased baking dish. Add beef and onion mixture on top, then top with the cheddar cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and the edges are starting to brown. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Everyday Dishes