We think cauliflower gets a bad rap that is not deserved – it is actually a delicious vegetable that we feel can be used in many recipes. One that we really like to make is this cheesy chicken cauliflower casserole. We think you will really like this one! This dish combines several great flavors and lets the cauliflower shine in a hearty, filling meal. This cheesy chicken cauliflower casserole is perfect for family dinners or any time you have a large family gathering. Even our family members who thought they didn't like cauliflower raved about this dish and asked for seconds!
Cauliflower Chicken Casserole
35-40 minutes to prepare serves 6
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- kosher salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 parsley sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the cauliflower and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender and slightly crunchy.
- Drain the cauliflower and combine with the cream cheese in a large bowl. Add the chicken, cheddar cheese, sour cream, paprika, dry mustard powder, salt, pepper and cilantro and combine until completely mixed together.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated through. Top with parsley sprigs and serve.
Recipe adapted from I Breathe I'm Hungry