The best dinner recipe is the one that everyone in your household loves, and that only takes a little time and effort on your part. This is exactly why we love this recipe! We use rotisserie chicken if we need to cut corners, then mix up all the ingredients right in the baking dish, which saves us tons of time on cleanup time. This casserole is ideal as a warm, welcoming main course, but you can also skip the chicken if you want to serve it as a side dish – we’ve made it both ways and can attest to their tastiness!
Broccoli Chicken Bake
50 minutes to prepare serves 6-8
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté onions until softened and translucent. 6-8 minutes.
- Mix the chicken, sautéed onion, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, rice, broccoli and cheddar cheese in the baking dish.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Pour it over the casserole.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until heated through. Serve hot, topping with extra cheese if desired.
Recipe adapted from Mom On Time Out