We love traditional breakfasts with eggs, crispy bacon and of course hash browns. Those crispy potatoes are the perfect side to our breakfast proteins. But for fun, we decided to change up the hash brown routine and try something a little different, but equally as delicious: tater tots! We made a breakfast casserole with eggs, bacon, and our favorite bite-sized potato side, and the end result was sheer deliciousness.
Whisk up eggs with a little milk, add chopped bacon, of course a little cheese and onion for flavor, pour everything over tater tots and bake. What emerges from the oven is breakfast dish that everyone will love! Bite sized bits of bacon, warm tater tots, and creamy eggs are perfect for a weekend brunch. After all, who can resist a tater tot?!?
50 minutes to prepare serves 6-8
- 1 (32 oz) package frozen tater tots
- 10 slices bacon, uncooked, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Coat a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Line bottom of casserole dish with entire package of frozen tater tots. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs and milk. Add chopped bacon, onions, cheeses, salt, pepper and parsley, whisking together again to mix.
- Pour mixture over tater tots. Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly, slightly brown and bacon is cooked.
- Serve hot with dried parsley as garnish.
Recipe adapted from Mix & Match Mama