Hot potato bites! Bite-sized servings of mashed potatoes are a great way to pep up classic mashed potatoes, because mini versions of anything are always a good thing! Each mouthful of crispy-cheesy-potato-y goodness will absolutely make you melt. We canât figure out whether or not to call them poppers or bites…but it doesnât really matter, âcause either way they taste so good!
Whip up your favorite mashed potatoes, or use store-bought and give them a little extra pizzaz by breading and baking them into bite-sized morsels. These fun-sized potato nibbles make a great appetizer for your next social gathering, so whip these up instead of potato skins for your next tailgate, or serve âem up as a fun side dish in place of the usual mashed potatoes. Watch out, though – these will disappear quickly!
Crispy Cheesy Potato Bites
1 1/2 hours to prepare 50 bites
- 4 cups panko bread crumbs
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan, Â˝ cup reserved
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, garnish
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil and add cubed potatoes. Cook until tender. Drain and pour potatoes into mixing bowl.
- Mash or use a mixer, slowly adding melted butter followed by minced garlic. Stir in in 1 cup parmesan cheese. Add milk and mix until smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Once cooled, preheat oven to 400â.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat two eggs. In another bowl, combine panko bread crumbs and stir in Â˝ cup reserved parmesan cheese.
- Scoop out 1 rounded tablespoon of potato mixture, roll into a ball, dredge into eggs, then coat with panko mixture. Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Lightly cover potato bites with cooking spray and bake until crispy, 12-15 minutes.
- Transfer to a dish and serve warm. Garnish with chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from How Sweet Eats