As far as we’re concerned, there just aren’t enough one skillet meals in the world to go around. We’re always glad to have another quick weeknight meal to add to our lineup and this creamy mushroom chicken is no exception. It’s ready in under 30 minutes (which really is quicker than hopping in the car to go pick up takeout, and probably better for you too!) and with only one pan to wash up, you won’t even know what to do with all your free time. This dish is a winner whether you’re the one standing at the stove in the kitchen or waiting at the dinner table. It’s a family favorite through and through.
Smothered in an out-of-this-world creamy, garlicky mushroom sauce, this easy chicken dinner is one we know you’ll come to rely on as much as we do. We like to serve ours over white rice to soak up all that delicious sauce, but pasta is a great option too. Shoot, you could just slurp it out of the pan. That’s even less dishes to wash. And the addition of some fresh broccoli means you’re getting in your greens so there’s nothing to feel guilty about here. It’s hard to believe that a sauce that tastes so velvety and decadent can come together in so little time. Give it a try and add one more 30-minute meal to your repertoire!
Creamy Mushroom Chicken
25 minutes to prepare serves 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 a stick) of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until browned and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add broccoli and mushrooms to skillet and sauté until tender, 5-8 minutes.
- Add butter. Once melted, add garlic, then cook for just 30 seconds before whisking in the flour and cooking one minute further.
- Slowly whisk in cream and let simmer until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken back to skillet and stir to combine. Serve over rice or pasta and enjoy!
Adapted from The Recipe Critic.