Want to know our secret ingredient for the best eggs? Creamy cheese! That’s right, we’re huge fans of adding a little bit (or a lot) of creaminess to make a dish that much more special and we think a combination of ricotta and cream cheese adds the perfect touch.
For this dish, we decided to take the classic ham and cheese duo and build on that. By adding olives, peppercorns (just make sure you don’t bite into them), ricotta and cream cheese, the result was a full-flavored breakfast that filled us up and made us wonder why we don’t make this more often! Isn’t that what you really want from your meals?!
Ham And Cheese Egg Scramble
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup ham, cubed
- 1/2 cup black olives, drained, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons peppercorns, optional
- fresh chives, chopped, garnish
- Heat a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and cook ham cubes until browned and crispy. 5-6 minutes.
- Drain and discard fat from the pan, then pour eggs in. Cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs begin to take form. About 3 minutes.
- Cook for another 1 minute, then stir in olives, cheddar cheese and peppercorns (if using). With a spatula or wooden spoon, mix your cheese into the eggs.
Note: peppercorns add great flavor, but shouldn’t be eaten whole. Extract them or remove them before eating.
- Cook until desired solidity is reached (more or less runny, depending on your taste), then fold in ricotta and cream cheese.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Transfer scramble to plates, garnished with chives, serve hot and enjoy!