Apart from their sinfully delicious frappucinos, one of the main reasons we go to Starbucks is to get a slice of their tasty lemon loaf. However, multiple Starbucks trips in a week can get expensive really quickly and we knew we could figure out how to make a copycat recipe, so we threw on our aprons and got cooking. Below, weâ€™ve got the recipe that we think most closely matches Starbucks citrusy loafâ€¦itâ€™s bright and zesty and the icing (our favorite part) ties everything together and has us licking our lips and reaching for another slice. Youâ€™ve gotta try this!
Copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf
90 minutes to prepare serves 8-10
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350Âº F and lightly grease a 9Ã—5-inch loaf dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat eggs and sugar together, then add in Greek yogurt and vegetable oil.
- Whisk in lemon juice and lemon zest.
- In a medium bowl, toss together flour, baking powder and salt, then add them to the wet ingredients until just incorporated. Donâ€™t over mix.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and smooth out the top, then place in oven and bake for 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean.
- If necessary, cover loaf with aluminum foil during the last 5-10 minutes to prevent browning.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- While loaf is baking, whisk together 2 cups powdered sugar and 4 tablespoons lemon juice together to create glaze. Add 1-3 more teaspoons lemon juice to achieve desired thickness.
- Once loaf has cooled, extract it from baking dish and pour glaze over the top. Let glaze set and serve fresh or store, refrigerated, in an air-tight container.
Recipe adapted from Averie Cooks