You can never go wrong with cookies. Seriously, there are so many amazing combinations and tweaks you can make that completely change a cookie, making it an exciting baking adventure and a great afternoon activity (with or without little helpers)! However, there are times when we really don’t feel like turning on the oven, or making, refrigerating, and rolling out a homemade dough…which is where these particular cookies come into play. They’re no-bake, easy as can be, and totally delicious to boot.
Perfect at any time of year, but especially during the holidays, these coconut pecan praline cookies are insanely delicious and addictive. All you have to do is combine your ingredients in a saucepan, then mix everything together. Let it cool a bit, since you don’t want your cookies to spread too much, then scoop them out and drop them onto a lined baking sheet. That’s it! The resulting cookie is perfectly sweet, crunchy, and yet still light-as-air, so get going and whip these bad boys up – trust us: everyone will love them!
Coconut Pecan Praline Cookies
20 minutes active; 1-2 hours inactive to prepare serves 18-24
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together sugars, evaporated milk, corn syrup and butter until melted and smooth.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, then remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and salt. Fold in shredded coconut and pecans until incorporated, then continue stirring for 3-4 minutes, or until mixture begins to cool.
- Once thick, use a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop to drop spoonfuls of cookie “dough” onto wax paper-lined baking sheets.
- Let set completely (freezing if necessary), then enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Confessions Of A Cookbook Queen