Cocktails (or mocktails) can be the life of a party, so why not make them interesting? We decided to try a spin-off of the classic Gin Fizz by introducing pomegranate juice to the mix, and, if we do say so ourselves, it’s great! If you don’t feel like imbibing, ginger ale or club soda make great substitutions for the gin and you can still take part in the festivities. Wow your guests and fellow party-goers with this drink and keep it in mind for all future celebrations!
Pomegranate Gin Fizzy
- 4 oz. London Dry (or your preference) gin
- 3 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- pomegranate juice
- 3 lemon slices, plus more for garnish
- Place 3 lemon slices (seeds removed) at the bottom of a shaker and muddle gently.
- Add in ice, gin, lemon juice, pomegranate juice and simple syrup. Shake for 10 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled glass and garnish with lemon slices
- Serve immediately.
Simple syrup: mix equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves completely. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.