Glazed Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Yield: approx. 12 pancakes
- 1 cup pancake mix (homemade bisquick mix or store-bought)
- 3/4 cup water or milk
- 1 egg (depending on type of mix you use; ours didn’t need it)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Start by making your cinnamon swirl and stir brown sugar and cinnamon into the melted butter. Mix until smooth, then refrigerate until sugar is the consistency of toothpaste.
Note: it’s important to let the sugar mixture chill so you get a defined swirl in your pancake.
- For the glaze, melt butter and cream cheese together in a small saucepan over medium heat until combined (it’s ok if mixture isn’t smooth), then stir in powdered sugar.
- Whisk in vanilla extract and stir until smooth. Keep warm until ready to use.
- Remove cinnamon sugar mixture from fridge and transfer it to a large, re-sealable plastic bag.
- Push all cinnamon sugar into one corner and cut off the tip of the bag. Set aside until ready to start making pancakes.
- Prepare pancake batter by mixing dry mix with water (or milk) and stirring until no lumps remain.
- Spray a pan or skillet with non-stick spray and heat over medium heat until hot.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into the pan and, once the first bubbles appear, take your cinnamon sugar piping bag and pipe a cinnamon swirl, starting in the center of your pancake.
- Wait until bubbles appear on the outer edges of your pancake, as well as in the center, and flip your pancake.
- Cook until bottom of pancake is golden brown (30-60 seconds) and transfer to a plate.
- Continue with remaining pancakes, then generously drizzle cream cheese glaze over the top.
- Serve hot and enjoy!!
Recipe adapted from Recipe Girl