Ok, pancakes and waffles and made-to-order eggs are all breakfast staples, but what about having an arsenal of breakfast options that don’t require standing over a hot stove while you prepare each person’s order individually? While we love all the aforementioned brekky items, we much prefer having something that will serve a crowd all at once, allowing us to sit down and actually enjoy breakfast with our loved ones; here, we’ve got a chicken sausage breakfast bake for you that tastes great and allows you to do just that.
Full of eggs, chicken sausage and biscuits (and don’t forget the cheese!), our secret ingredient in this dish is McCormick® Simply Better Chicken Gravy. This is a ready-made gravy that has incredible flavor that you can achieve without the need to, again, stand over a stove…there are times when we really don’t like standing over a hot stove, if you hadn’t noticed.
Not only does using this ready-to-serve gravy provide you with amazing flavor throughout the dish, it also saves you time and several steps otherwise spent cooking up a storm instead of enjoying your meal already. Now if you’re a smarty pants who typically whips up a massive batch of gravy to then freeze part of so you’ll have it in the future – good on you, by the way – then feel free to use that, but for those of us who perhaps aren’t as prepared, this McCormick Simply Better Gravy knocks it out of the park. It’s made with McCormick spices, has no artificial flavors and no added MSG. This dish is a full, all-in-one meal that will have everyone raving. You’ll see, one bite and you’ll be hooked!
Looking to find McCormick Simply Better Chicken Gravy? Find it at a store near you here.
Chicken Sausage Biscuit Breakfast Bake
Time to Prepare: 50 minutes
- 2 (16.3 oz.) packages refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, as needed
- 1 pound chicken sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 1 (12 oz.) package McCormick Simply Better Chicken Gravy
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- bacon bits, garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Press biscuits into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish, pressing edges together to create one complete layer.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, chicken gravy and heavy cream, and season with salt and pepper.
- Evenly spread 1/2 cooked and crumbled chicken sausage over biscuit crust and top with 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Top mixture with remaining biscuits and chicken sausage. Pour egg gravy mixture over sausage, then cover with remaining cheese.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 35 minutes, or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Lil Luna