No more of the same -ol’ same-ol’ chicken with this recipe. Literally packed with a lemon artichoke pesto sauce, this chicken packs a serious punch! Pestos don’t only have to be made with basil, so the fact that this one incorporates artichoke is so tasty and unexpected. While artichoke may look a little intimidating with it’s spiny and somewhat intimidating-looking leaves, this is a veggie that is under-utilized, and that you’ll be so happy you tried out here.
We love this dish for it’s flavor – and for how fancy it makes us feel when we make it – and we can promise you’ll love it just as much! Plus, you can order the whole meal online and have all the ingredients delivered to you – order the recipe over here at Chef’d. Bon appétit!
Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Lemon Artichoke Pesto
- 1oz Fresh basil
- 1 Lemon
- 8oz Artichoke hearts
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1oz Walnuts
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan
- 24oz Green beans
- Remove the basil leaves from the stems and discard stems. Place the leaves in the bowl of a food processor.
- Trim ends off of green beans and set aside.
- Zest the lemon directly into the food processor. Juice the lemon half into a small bowl and remove the seeds with a fork. Add the lemon juice to the food processor.
- Drain the artichoke hearts in a strainer and then add to the food processor.
- Add the garlic, walnuts, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Pulse all the ingredients in the processor for 10 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl; process for 10 more seconds.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Place a chicken breast on a cutting board with its tip toward you and its thickest side closest to your cutting hand.
- Place a hand on top of the breast. Hold your knife parallel to the cutting board and slice nearly all the way through, leaving the opposite end connected (you’ll be making a “pocket”).
- Spread the top half of the breast open but keeping the breast intact.
- Place half of the pesto in the pocket and spread the mixture evenly, leaving a 1⁄4-inch edge. Fold the top half over to cover. Repeat with the remaining pesto and chicken breast.
- Combine the Parmesan and 1 teaspoon pepper on a plate and gently press the stuffed chicken breasts into the mixture, covering both sides.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on one side. Turn the breasts over and cook for 5 more minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat and let rest until plating.
- Heat another large sauté pan over medium- high heat. When hot, add the green beans, 1 cup of water and cover. Steam for 2 minutes, season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and remove from heat.
- Divide the green beans equally between four plates. Slice each chicken breast in half at a diagonal angle.
- Place the chicken on top of the green beans and enjoy your meal!