A party isn’t complete without an amazing dip that guests absolutely rave about, and here is the recipe! We can’t get enough of this cheesy mushroom dip, and we’ve got a top-secret ingredient that makes this extra amazing: cauliflower. Cauliflower is all over the place these days, whether it’s in healthier, lightened up recipes, or just as the focal point of a dish (because people are finally realizing how great it is!) We love it here for the texture and substance it brings, but don’t tell your guests! Better to keep them guessing than to reveal all of the secret ingredients that go into this deliciously divine dip.
Whether we’re hosting a formal dinner party or a more casual get-together, this dip will easily suit our needs perfectly. One of the nice features of it is its versatility: use any mushrooms you have on hand; for a little spice, add a pinch of red pepper flakes or diced jalapeños; skip the cauliflower all together and add a second type of mushroom or caramelized onions. At the end of the day, you can’t go wrong when you warm up cheese and serve it on toasty bread. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Cheesy Mushroom Dip
1 hour to prepare serves 4-6
- 1 cup assorted mushrooms, sliced (button, crimini, portobello, etc.) (your choice)
- ½ cup cauliflower, diced (optional)
- 1 shallot, minced (or ¼ cup minced yellow onion)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sliced and toasted baguette for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, parmesan cheese, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add vegetable oil to a large pan or skillet over medium heat and sauté shallot until softened, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add sliced mushrooms and cauliflower and sauté until just softened.
- Pour mushrooms and onions mix into bowl with blended cheeses and fold together until fully combined. Transfer into an oven-safe serving dish and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes or until cheese becomes bubbly and golden. Serve warm with chopped fresh vegetables or with toasted baguette.
Recipe adapted from Life Is But A Dish