Is there anything better than a dish that looks great and tastes great? Oh yeah, there is: a dish that looks and tastes great and is easy to make! In this case, we give you these absolutely delectable, cheese-stuffed baby portobello mushrooms…you’re welcome!
With just a handful of ingredients mixed together and lovingly ladled into your mushroom caps, you get the perfect appetizer that’s fit for a king without costing you – now that’s what we like to hear!
- 12 large baby portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 cup goat cheese
- 3/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup pancetta or thickly cut bacon, cubed, optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- If using, render pancetta in a medium pan over medium-high heat until browned.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer pancetta to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and set aside.
- Rinse your mushrooms under cool running water and use a clean cloth to remove and dirt or particles.
- Carefully remove stems and gills, leaving the cap intact. Transfer mushrooms open side up to a large baking dish or oven-proof skillet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together goat cheese, cream cheese, garlic powder and salt until smooth and combined.
- Spoon 1-2 tablespoons cheese mixture into each mushroom cap (and add several pancetta cubes to each as well, if using) and place mushrooms in oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction