Burritos are a tasty and super filling option at any time of day: breakfast, lunch or dinner! They’re really easy to customize you can throw anything in there and, depending on your ingredients, it’s a relatively quick meal option. Breakfast is definitely our favorite meal, so we’re likely to choose something like this anytime it’s on the menu, but even people who aren’t big fans of breakfast will love this burrito. Scrambled eggs, deliciously spiced chorizo sausage and some potatoes and veggies round out this meal. It’s got a little something for everyone–try it!
- 1 pound chorizo sausage (ground or sliced)
- 10-12 eggs, beaten
- 1 potato, grated
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup mixed Mexican cheeses
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tortillas
- salsa (your preference), to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pan over medium high heat, heat 1 1/2 tablespoon butter and cook potato until tender and browned on all sides. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pan, brown sausage until almost cooked through, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain fat and transfer sausage to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add chopped onion and cook until translucent, 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- In a separate pan over medium heat, toast tortillas until warmed through.
- Add remaining butter to pan, melt and swirl pan so that bottom is evenly covered. Add beaten eggs, season with salt and pepper, and cook until scrambled. 4-7 minutes, or until you’re desired egg texture and consistency is reached.
- Return potato, sausage and onion to the eggs and mix well.
- Plate your tortillas and divide the eggs and sausage equally among them, making sure to carefully place mixture in the center of tortilla.
- Top with mixed cheeses, parsley and salsa.
- To fold burritos: take the edge closest to you and wrap it tightly over the eggs. Firmly fold in the two open sides (as though wrapping a present) and continue rolling, until eggs are completely enclosed and tortilla “seam” is on the bottom.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.