When there’s enough time in the morning, nothing hits the spot quite like a classic ham and cheese omelette. It’s full of protein from the eggs and ham and will keep you going all dayand it’s quick and easy, so you don’t have to wait a long time (slowly starving) while waiting for your breakfast! This is another meal that’s perfect for really any ingredient, so you could also add sauteed onions, mushrooms or bell peppers, and switch up the meat with sausage or tofu. You can’t go wrong with this yummy breakfast!
Ham & Cheese Omelette
- 5-6 eggs, beaten, divided
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 3/4 cup ham, cubed, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pour milk into beaten eggs and whisk until frothy.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium pan or skillet over medium-high heat and pour half of egg mixture into the pan.
- Swirl pan so eggs evenly coat the bottom. Season with salt and pepper and let cook for 30 seconds.
- Gently push cooked egg to one side of the pan so that space frees up for uncooked egg. Let cook another 10-15 seconds.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of cheese on the more cooked portion of eggs and add 1/2 of cubed ham. Gently lift up the edge of the eggs so they don’t stick to the pan.
- Fold the now-cooked portion of eggs over onto the cheese and ham, and carefully slide the omelette onto serving plate.
- Continue with second omelette and remaining ingredients.
- Garnish with more cheese and ham.