It’s no surprise to us that sweet peas and crisp bits of bacon are a great combo. After all, they are two opposing tastes and textures that go great together. Now, we won’t deny that a salad can be potentially lackluster if there’s nothing there to jazz it up, which is precisely why we are so excited to bring this unique salad recipe to you! It’s guaranteed to wake up your taste buds and leave everyone at the table arguing over who’s going to get seconds.
Rest assured, you won’t find any mushy, sad peas in this dish! We carefully steamed a frozen bag of them, then cooled them down quickly to keep their gorgeous color and firmness. They taste so good that way! The creamy dressing with toasted pecans for extra crunch can turn just about anyone into a vegetable fan, and the smoky flavor from the bacon sets the whole thing off.
We’re really not kidding when we say it was so hard for us to put this dish down! This would make the perfect side dish to bring to a party or a ninja-like way to get your kiddos to eat something green without batting an eye. We say never underestimate the power of peas – or, in this case, peas and bacon…you can’t go wrong!
Bacon Pea Salad
25 minutes to prepare serves 4-6
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen garden peas, cooked and cooled
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream and mustard until combined, then whisk in lemon juice, honey.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked and drained peas, crumbled bacon and chopped pecans.
- Pour dressing over pea mixture and toss together until everything is evenly coated.
- Serve or refrigerate for later use.
Recipe adapted from Julia's Album