This recipe is a fun and elegant appetizer idea that will refresh and impress your guestsand it’s easy to put together! Smoked salmon and cream cheese is a delicious combination, and the addition of cucumber lightens this dish and gives it some nice crunch. This is a great option in case you’re running low on time or just want something with a “wow” presentation. To stretch your dollar you could also make a batch just of cucumber cream cheese rolls that will look lovely served alongside the salmon rolls and provide a vegetarian option for people. If you’ve got an upcoming party, try these rolls and get ready for the positive feedback!
Cucumber, Salmon & Cream Cheese Rolls
- 2-3 cucumbers, rinsed and patted dry
- 10-12 oz. cream cheese
- 12 oz. smoked salmon
- lemon wedges (garnish)
- 12 toothpicks or skewers
- Using a mandolin slicer (or being very attentive with a knife) slice your cucumber lengthwise into 12 even strips. Lay cucumber strips out on a flat surface and set aside.
- Divide salmon into 12 equal-sized pieces.
- Take a knife and gently spread cream cheese in the center of 1 piece of salmon. Carefully roll salmon onto itself and place on one end of cucumber strip.
- Gently roll the cucumber away from yourself, thoroughly wrapping the salmon and cream cheese.
- Secure roll with a toothpick or skewer and continue with remaining salmon rolls.
- Transfer to serving plate, garnish with lemon wedges and enjoy!