If you thought classic cheesecake couldn’t get any better, you were wrong. This caramel cheesecake blows the original out of the water. (We still love it though!) By adding dulce de lecheor plain caramel sauce, whatever you happen to haveto your cheesecake, you add another layer of flavor to the mix that really wows. Pair that with an easy sauce and you’ve got yourself a winning dessert. Whether it’s for a party or just for yourself, this cake is a showstopper and deserves your full attention (and stomach capacity) immediatelyenjoy!
Yield: 1, 9-inch cake
Crust: use this recipe
- 3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche or caramel sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (approx. 14 oz.) bag caramel candies
- 1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350º and position oven rack in the middle of oven.
- Prepare crust according to recipe directions.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and dulce de leche until fluffy, then beat in flour and vanilla extract.
- One at a time, mix in eggs, waiting until each is fully incorporated before adding the next. Don’t over mix.
- Pour batter into pie pan or springform pan and place in oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until center is just set.
- Remove and let cool completely, then refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Make caramel sauce by mixing caramels and evaporated milk over low heat.
- Stir until completely melted and smooth, then remove from heat and stir in sea salt.
- Slice pie and serve with caramel sauce.
Recipe adapted from Fine Cooking