Sometimes all you need is some immediate gratification, and it's especially satisfying when you're able to whip up something phenomenal in the kitchen in under 10 minutes. That's right, when the warm weather is here for good, there's nothing like having an easy, icy cold dessert that's ready and waiting for you in the freezer. We've got just that…and did we mention it's also really healthy?!
This strawberry treat is a sorbet/frozen yogurt hybrid and we can attest to the fact that it's one of the easiest things we've ever made. Blend your strawberries until they're smooth, throw in your yogurt and some honey, and you've got yourself a low-calorie dessert that will cool you down and not leave you feeling guilty later. Win-win!!
5-Minute Strawberry Sorbet
30min to prepare Yield: approx. 3 cups
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen whole strawberries
- 1/2 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 3-4 tablespoons honey or sugar
- bananas or other frozen fruit, optional
- Place whole strawberries in food processor and pulse until (mostly) smooth. 30-45 seconds. Note: mixture will be gritty at first, just keep pulsing.
- Spoon in vanilla yogurt and pulse until smooth and incorporated.
- Add in 3 tablespoons honey. Taste and add more honey or sugar as needed.
- Serve immediately, or transfer to an air-tight container and store in the freezer. Note: if keeping in the freezer, let sorbet sit for 10 minutes to soften a little before serving.
Recipe adapted from Just A Taste