Recipe: Chicken Broccoli Casserole
So yesterday we shared our favorite recipe for cream of mushroom soup. While the recipe is good enough on its own, it can absolutely also make a great ingredient, and that's what what we wanted to share today. For a great family recipe that calls for some cream of mushroom soup, take a look at this chicken broccoli casserole!
We were looking for a great recipe that was not only packed full of flavor, but also pretty simple. Nothing screams simplicity quite like a casserole. We already have a lot of ingredients in our mushroom soup, so we wanted to keep this as simple as possible. We also love casseroles with a crunchy crust, so we mixed together some cheese and bread crumbs to bake and brown on top. Keep reading below for this great recipe...
Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1 can (or one batch) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise (alternative: sour cream)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In a greased baking dish, layer the chicken and broccoli.
- Combine the mayonnaise (or sour cream), soup, lemon juice, and eggs. Spread over the broccoli and chicken.
- Mix together the bread crumbs and cheese. Sprinkle over the casserole. Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home